Saturday, August 13, 2011

HIDDEN AWAY - Review

Hidden Away – KGI series

Garrett Kelly and Sarah Daniels

HIDDEN AWAY is the third book in the KGI series. I didn’t find this as intense as the last two. I liked the fact that the story wasn’t a carbon copy of the previous books in the series. It focused on the romance with the suspense wrapped around it, not sit on the edge of the seat as I did with the last one. This slowed it down in parts, but didn’t hinder the overall intensity or my enjoyment of the story.  

If you have read the past two books in the series Garrett can be a bit stand offish and non-trusting of those he doesn’t know. But he is also so damn calm, patient, chivalrous, protective and caring of those he loves. Where do you find a man like that?  Garrett is doing a little undercover work while rehabbing his injured shoulder.
I liked Sarah from the off. I found her actions and reactions made her character believable. This in turn made you believe that you would react in the same manner if in that situation. I liked how Garrett gave Sarah space to find her feet.
One thing I did have trouble with was Sarah brother, I wanted to dislike him but I found I liked him more then I should have.
The Kelly family keeps the KGI stories real and humorous, this one brought the Rusty saga to a head and I loved it. Chapter 39 get the hankie ready!
The slow building romance was perfect for Garrett and Sarah, if they jumped into the sack from the start it would have made the plot unbelievable. It did make it a little less steamy then the last book, but it tied in well to the whole arc of the story.


Book Rate – Hot

Review Rating – TEQUILA SUNRISE

No comments:

Post a Comment