Friday, September 9, 2011

Ebooks verses Printed Books

Who would have guessed that there would come a time, when the printed word was being 
outsold by the digital version.

Ebooks verses Printed Books
 

Amazon announced the Kindle books are outselling hardcovers!

I love printed books there is just something about them. Maybe its the fact you can throw it in bag and whip it out when a spare minute shows itself. Or it could be that you can curl up in bed or in front of fire, letting pages slip through your fingers as your imagination walks over the paper.

Ebooks verses Printed Books started for me when I was looking for a book to buy from an Author I was recommend. I was horrorfied to find it was only in an ebook version there was no printed book.
How was I suppose to read it?
I didn't know a damn thing about ebooks?
Thank God for kids, my darlings took my hand and lead me through the scary 
pathways of ebooks......
They download Kindle for PC's and got a few of the free books for me to try...then I brought my first ebook - Alphas' Mate by Leah Brooke.

From there ebooks have slow drawn me in, to the point that six months ago I started my hunt for the ideal ebook reader. There are so many and none did what I wanted and that was to read a range of formats.
I wanted to be able to transfer the library I had build up over the years to my own device.(And off my husbands laptop)

  Did I find one? No, but I recently brought an ipad. 

I still love printed books, but since I have had my ipad I am hardly without it. And an ever growing library of books as there is hardly a day that goes by where I don't buy a book.
Shot wouldn't that cost alot, you may ask?
No, not really I normal spent between $30 - $50 NZ a week on books between buying them or renting them from the library. Depending on the Author and the size of the book I can get anything from 3 to 10 ebooks a week. For the same price and I can have them delivery from anywhere in the world to me within the minute.

I will always love printed books and will still buy the odd one to add to my shelve, but as things changed so have I.

Tania :)

No comments:

Post a Comment